Friday, March 27, 2009

My Day Today

Ah, game day.  I've been running around crazy making sure that everything box office-wise was ready for the opening of I, Undertow and Call Waiting this week.  So I managed to put off everything for the Shorts until today.

Well not everything.  I had been mulling around themes in my head for the past three weeks.  But usually Blake and I conjur these things up together.  Unfortunately, Blake has had his hands full with I, Undertow and then this week - he got ridiculously ill.  So there were a couple of emails exchanged but no fun sit down as we plotted and schemed against all of the participants together.

So today.

Around 10:30 a.m. - I see I miss a call from Erin Fehr - one of the actresses.  Weird.  Erin never calls me.  But she doesn't leave a message.  So I figure it's just been a mistake.  Maybe Erin butt-dialed me.

I plug away at my day and do a two hour meeting at another office a couple of blocks away.  As I'm walking back to my office, I see that I have missed another call from Erin.  I'm outside Grand Central Station in 5PM foot traffic as I try to listen to the message.  I can't hear everything because of the streetnoise, but from what I gather there has been a back injury and as much as she hates to do it, she has to pull out.

That saddens me.  I adore Erin.  She has been in every shorts shorts except for the first one.  Wait, was she in the third one...?  Not going to lie.  Had to think about this one for a second, but yes, she was in the one that won - And the Fish Can Dance.  The one where her boyfriend ended up in love with her brother.

Fortunately, I've got a standby list and the first person up who emailed me a hair too late was Whitney Elliott, someone else I adore who just had the misfortune of being too slow on the reply button.  I've got her number in my cell and I'm on the phone with her before I even reach my building.

Less than 10 minutes later, she has emailed me her headshot and resume and her bio. 

Crisis averted.  

Just know Erin, that you are with us in spirit and we all hope you feel better soon.

- Christine

No comments:

Post a Comment